Monday, February 7, 2011

A Few Valentine Decorations and some Killer Brownies


I decided that I needed to make a few things to decorate for Valentines Day. I had a wooden heart that I had cut out quite a while ago. I dug it out of my stash, repainted it, mod podged some paper on it and decorated it. It is now hanging out in our front entry along with the 3 blocks below. They look a little magoo here, but they are actually quite cute!


Ok, here is how to make Over The Top Brownies! Just take a brownie mix and make it up according to package directions. Spread half of it in a 9x13 inch pan. Take 3 of the large butterfinger candy bars pictured below (get them when they are on sale!) and put on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Spread the rest of the brownie batter over the top of the candy bars. Bake as directed. They are best if you let them sit overnight before you cut and eat them. You can also use other kinds of candy bars, we've tried Symphony with toffee bits and the Hersheys with caramel. All of them are super!

We made these for Super Bowl Sunday and found these cute pennants to print out and put on the top. Go Packers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment