Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Laci and I made cinnamon rolls yesterday. This is one of my family's favorites, and they are pretty quick and easy (as far as cinnamon rolls go!)

Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls

In a mixer bowl with dough hooks attached, place:
3 cups flour
1 (18 oz) pkg white cake mix (dry)
4 Tbsp quick rise yeast (I use Saf Instant)
2 tsp salt
4 cups warm water
Mix until smooth. Add 5 to 6 more cups of flour or until you have a soft dough. Knead 6 to 8 minutes. Roll out into rectangle (no need to let rise!) and spread with 4 Tbsp melted butter. Mix together 1 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Roll up and cut into slices. I use a piece of thread, slide it under your  roll, cross your thread ends and pull. Place on a greased baking sheet.
Cover and let rise 15 minutes. Bake at 350* for 15 to 18 minutes.
Frost with (what else?) Cream Cheese Frosting!

Frosting

1 cube butter
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
Beat until smooth.
Add 4 to 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
enough canned milk to get desired consistency
Beat until creamy.

Nothing like a pot of chili and a pan of cinnamon rolls that say "Fall is in the air!"

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY, YUMMY!!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my these look soo GOOD! I still havnt made your bubble bread but i sooo want to! I just need to have a day of bakeing:) let me tell u though i made lacis cookies that have the peanut butter cups in them and (for real!) my family, exstended and all, went nuts o over them:) they are now a family favorite:) Keep the yummy recipes coming i love your blog:)...cream cheese frosting yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, bad for me that I read this post, or maybe I should say bad for my hips!! These are so easy and the best I've ever tasted. You are awesome Robbin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the worst night of my life. Clicking over here on an empty stomach with nothing delicious in the house!

    ReplyDelete